Monday, September 8, 2014

Welcome to the 2014-2015 school year!  It has been kind of a crazy start, so this is my first post of the school year.  I have had a change in my schedule and am finally settled.  Most of my classes (except my new school-Shakerag) are into their first projects of the year and I am so excited to see how everything turns out!
Kindergarten-We are "Talking Lines" in unit 1.  This project involves some technology, and I am so excited to see how they turn out. 
First Grade-It's all about color!  We are looking at different color schemes and using them to paint a non-objective design for the background of their collages. 
Second Grade-We are looking at Aboriginal Art.  Their artwork will have a personal symbol and lots of colors and patterns.  Be on the look out!
Third Grade-We are doing a color study inspired by Kandinsky. 
Fourth Grade-Contour Drawing and Zentangles.  I am in love with this project!  If you don't know what a zentangle is, then come back in about 5 weeks and you can see what they are and how they can be used in art. 
Fifth Grade-We are talking about the Pop artist Roy Lichtenstein.  They are creating self-portraits using his comic book style.  They are so pumped about this project and very engaged.  I can't wait to see the results!

Come back and visit in a few weeks and I will have some pictures posted of the projects!  See you then! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some awesome plans! We all miss you over here at State Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I miss you guys, too! I hope all is well on your end. I look forward to seeing your posts this year!

    ReplyDelete